Episode 18 fpr 2017 is truly massive, as your regular host Andrew Demack interviews Brisbane’s own new world champion Cameron Wright, and Cathy Peel “interviews” the voice of cycling, Mr Phil Liggett. Unbelievable is the word that comes to mind.
Our man in the field Hayden Lester scores some cool interviews with bike riders at various events.
- Hard man Peter Winfield backs up from the BRT End-to-End with another 160km in the dirt around Noosa
- The Squid Bikes crew from the USA chat to Hayden after the first round of the MelbGPofCX.
- And Garry Milburn chats after turning the tables on Chris Jongewaard to take the win in Elite Men on Day 2.
Andrew Demack and 20% co-host Cathy Peel discuss upcoming bike events around SEQ.
It’s the plugs episode of Briztreadley.
Plugs and patches. Don’t forget patches.
So this is Episode 8 for 2017, right about the time where I start to cash in on all this podcasting, with the sweet merchandising.
By giving away the exclusive Briztreadley patch! (Umm where was the monetisation again?)
We’ve got some good conversation with Jan Stevenson of Cycleway, plus Hayden Lester braved the heat of Toowoomba for the Oceania MTB Championships.
But if you want a patch, post in the comments on Facebook, tagging the person you want to introduce to the podcast for the very first time!
Here’s Episode 5 for 2017 of the Briztreadley podcast, hosted by Andrew Demack.
In this episode:
- A brief tribute to friend of the show and Bicycle Queensland stalwart Sholto Douglas, who died in late January.
- An interview with Troy Szczurkowski before he sets off on the 2017 Iditarod Trail Invitational.
Here is episode 4 for 2017 of the Briztreadley podcast, featuring Gillian Duncan.
Also in this episode, Hayden Lester brings us up to speed with the latest from the National cross-country series, this time from Armidale in NSW.
Episode 3 of the Briztreadley podcast for 2017 … and it features
- Co-host Cathy Peel with an update on her new role within the Commonwealth Games
- Coverage of the Wild West XC and Samford cyclocross races, including interviews with Jared Graves, Declan Kilkenny and Been Albany
- An in-depth look at media coverage of the recent Santos Womens Tour, with our Adelaide correspondent Jordana Blackman.
And if you know who Anna Meares’ newest best friend is, be the first to comment on the Facebook post and one of these souvenirs from the opening of her eponymous velodrome will be yours*.
The Briztreadley podcast is back for 2017!
Hosted by Andrew Demack. Co-hosts this week are mtb guru Mike Blewitt and cycle-touring’s Jan Stevenson.
Among the stuff we get into:
- The 2017 road nationals in Bunninyong.
- The first and second round of the MTB cross-country national series. Massive win to AB!
- Touring the Loire Valley, or the Tasmanian Trail, or the new trails at Cape Pallarenda near Townsville.
- Just generally riding our bikes and having fun.
And here is Episode 23 for 2016 of the Briztreadley podcast.
In the show this week:
- Andrew Demack interviews Alee Denham, who runs a wonderful website called CyclingAbout.com.
- Hayden Lester chats with the winner of the SEQ downhill series.
- And Andrew reviews the Cannondale Slate.
Get into it!
And here is Episode 15 of the Briztreadley pod for 2016, hosted by Andrew Demack:
- Sarah Hammond from Melbourne is doing an amazing ride in the Trans Am bike race. We talk with last year’s Trans Am winner Jesse Carlson about what’s going on.
- Andrew pops up to Kingaroy to get a sneak peek at the Kingaroy to Murgon section of the new Kingaroy to Kilkivan Rail Trail, to be opened later this year.
- Hayden Lester interviews an intrepid overseas bike tourist, with cool stories of touring around Mt Fuji and all over Japan. And the intrepid tourist? His brother Joe.
Listen, enjoy, and share it with your friends! I’m going to try something over this weekend (Ootober long weekend), so hopefully nothing too weird happens!