Episode 18 fpr 2017 is truly massive, as your regular host Andrew Demack interviews Brisbane’s own new world champion Cameron Wright, and Cathy Peel “interviews” the voice of cycling, Mr Phil Liggett. Unbelievable is the word that comes to mind.
Our man in the field Hayden Lester scores some cool interviews with bike riders at various events.
- Hard man Peter Winfield backs up from the BRT End-to-End with another 160km in the dirt around Noosa
- The Squid Bikes crew from the USA chat to Hayden after the first round of the MelbGPofCX.
- And Garry Milburn chats after turning the tables on Chris Jongewaard to take the win in Elite Men on Day 2.
Here is Episode 11 for 2017 of the Briztreadley podcast, hosted by Andrew Demack and Jordana Blackman.
In which we discuss:
- The Bayview Blast (and grab a quick interview with male elite winner Michael England)
- Bicycle Queensland’s Y2W rail trail ride
- Australian women doing great things in the mtb World Cups in Europe
- & Jordana’s course in beginner downhilling!
Thanks as always to Eleanor Jackson for voiceovers and Vulfpeck for the theme song ‘Speedwalker’.
Andrew Demack and 20% co-host Cathy Peel discuss upcoming bike events around SEQ.
It’s the plugs episode of Briztreadley.
Plugs and patches. Don’t forget patches.
Episode 3 of the Briztreadley podcast for 2017 … and it features
- Co-host Cathy Peel with an update on her new role within the Commonwealth Games
- Coverage of the Wild West XC and Samford cyclocross races, including interviews with Jared Graves, Declan Kilkenny and Been Albany
- An in-depth look at media coverage of the recent Santos Womens Tour, with our Adelaide correspondent Jordana Blackman.
And if you know who Anna Meares’ newest best friend is, be the first to comment on the Facebook post and one of these souvenirs from the opening of her eponymous velodrome will be yours*.
The Briztreadley podcast is back for 2017!
Hosted by Andrew Demack. Co-hosts this week are mtb guru Mike Blewitt and cycle-touring’s Jan Stevenson.
Among the stuff we get into:
- The 2017 road nationals in Bunninyong.
- The first and second round of the MTB cross-country national series. Massive win to AB!
- Touring the Loire Valley, or the Tasmanian Trail, or the new trails at Cape Pallarenda near Townsville.
- Just generally riding our bikes and having fun.
And here is Episode 23 for 2016 of the Briztreadley podcast.
In the show this week:
- Andrew Demack interviews Alee Denham, who runs a wonderful website called CyclingAbout.com.
- Hayden Lester chats with the winner of the SEQ downhill series.
- And Andrew reviews the Cannondale Slate.
Get into it!
And here is Episode 13 of the Briztreadley podcast for 2016.
- To cover the World Cup mountain biking in Cairns, we cross to our woman in the rock garden at Smithfield, Cathy Peel
- As the Eagles almost sang, “There’s a new trail in town, everyone’s talking ’bout it”. Hayden Lester chats with Jamie Borg chat about Kombi, over at Ironbark Gully.
- And we have a look forward at the Giro d’ Italia and start to get in to the groove for Bike Week.
Hosted by Andrew Demack.
Hi bike fans, here’s Episode 22 of the Briztreadley podcast, and we think it’s a good one!
Regular host Andrew Demack is joined in the studio by Imogen Smith as stand-in co-host. And they talk about the Bayview Blast, and what’s next for cross-country mountain bike racing over summer, and looking ahead to an Olympic year in 2016.
The Bayview Blast report includes interviews with Tony Hancock (Brisbane South MTB Club president), mens race winner Michael England and runner-up Jason English, and womens race winner Imogen Smith.
And then we have a special report on Brisbane’s thriving bike polo scene. Featured voices are Ollie Wykeham, Jordan Heppell, and Jon Giles. You can tell it’s a special report because there’s music underneath it.
And finally, we finish this podcast with a tribute to our favourite bike-riding poet. So STAY WITH US.
Here is Episode 16 of the Briztreadley podcast. It’s all about the enjoyment we get from riding a bike!
On this episode:
- The Briztreadley crew are like Scooby Doo and his crew, solving mysteries that have baffled the authorities for hundreds of years!
- Chicks Who Ride Bikes on the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Include Some Honorary Chicks (like Chris Welsh for instance)
- Emma Sunley and Sue Boyd … they are taking on a massive challenge, for a wonderful cause. It’s the Droplets in A Stream Grand Tour of Hope.
Briztreadley is hosted by Andrew Demack, Chris Welsh and Jordana Blackman. Audio production by Andrew Demack.
Our theme music is ‘Double Flat White’, by Blue Train, used with permission.
Voiceovers are by Eleanor Jackson, who is sunshine on a cloudy day.